Sunday, January 26, 2014

two weeks later...

... I'm not doing things in order.  I seem to have a HUGE problem with getting my own bedroom in order, much less the study!  HOWEVER, and thanks to helping hands from my kids and others, some things have gotten done that immensely improve the house.  For example, I bought 4 new planter pots and Anto transplanted the large plants that were choking in their too-small pots; they look like they feel much better in their new homes.

The kitchen is coming along with its scrubbed and shining appliances and new dishrack.  We ordered a really neat comfortable-as-anything LR set that will be ready to be picked up in about 6 weeks, during which time Carm thinks she can organize a painting party so that the whole downstairs area will be ready for new furniture (in the hopes that after the LR, we'll be able to do the DR).

I cleaned out the utility area, and the guys took all the stuff to be recycled or trashed.  Then they re-roofed the outside storeroom and cleaned it out, making the space usable for bikes, garden equipment, etc.

Meanwhile, back to my task for today... MY OWN BEDROOM.  I think if I can just get that done, I'll be able to move on to the study.

No comments: