Sunday, November 16, 2008

If I were a Painter

You have no idea how often I dream of being able to paint something. Writing has always been my first love of course, but doodling and drawing is all part of the feel of pencil on paper so I do it often. I also add color whenever I have colored pencils, markers, or crayons around. But the problem is, whatever it is I manage to draw, with or without color, it's never what I really WANT to paint! Something like this:



If I were a painter, I would paint my world backwards and forwards, inside out and all around. I would paint the scene above and the one below and I would know how to reproduce exactly the right shades of color so they would be even more beautiful than the photographs - even more beautiful than when I stood there and took the pictures. As someone told me once, long ago, "Art is the lie that shows the truth".



Point of fact: I'm going to visit a "taller de dibujo" this Tuesday. Hope I can learn something to help myself become a painter. I know it's a drawing workshop - not a painting workshop - but maybe you have to start there.

3 comments:

IdaRose said...

Hi..keep us posted on your "drawing lesson"! I bet you'll do fine! Poppy & I love your Quesadillas!! Hey, and you make a "mean" cheesecake!! You definitely have artistic talent.

~M/M~

Anonymous said...

I bet you'll love your new creative outlet, and be good at it! Can't wait to get an original!!
S :)

minshap said...

oh dear, I can't go tonight... but I'm going to draw something anyway to show to the teacher of the shop... he's also a fellow (German) teacher where I work - so at least he'll know I'm serious... meanwhile, on with the other projects I've got going here... namely, tomatoes, exercise, and knitting (???)