Saturday, November 21, 2009

gazing out the window




There must be some reason why I can't write, but I find it impossible to catch even a glimmer of it. A truly horrible plight! I haven't been able to sit down and write in so long that it's almost getting to the point where I don't even want to turn on the computer. And if I do, I just end up playing spider solitaire, reading others' blogs, googling zany ideas and reading some of the sites where they come up, all of this after doing the perfunctory e-mail check. But I did finish this painting the other night; when I look at it, I see the expression of my bewilderment... an open window with vast uncertainty beyond, longing, looking out into the night for an answer and being met by darkness, silence, and the unknown. Shivery, yes, but somehow exciting too. Such a beautiful window to be standing before. What's out there? If I keep looking, surely I'll see it! Let me capture it and express it in words! Soon, please!

4 comments:

Alex said...

You have been working on your art! that keeps you busy, and it seems that for now, that is the way you express the way you feel. I love it. it is as healthy as writing it down. Your words will come back, soon :)

minshap said...

Thank you Alex, I certainly hope so! I feel incomplete when I can't write! Tomorrow I'm going to start writing in pencil during my breaks. That sometimes gets me back on track. Gotta build up to the point where I can sit down at the computer and rattle on for a couple of hours at any given moment!

Anonymous said...

Strange window...!
je la regarde avec fascination: lumieres etranges et cette plante qui s'envole , en imponderabilité ...c'est TRES BEAU , il faut continuer !

helene

minshap said...

Helene: oh, I love your interpretation! How interesting about the plant!! I didn't notice it, but you're right! It does seem as if it's going to fly out and be enveloped into the unfathomable at any moment...