Saturday, March 10, 2012

6 wks/24days-wk1,post3: A job, a chair and a rainy day

 Yesterday I got the job! That is, I will start on Monday, and then, after they check me out –this job includes fingerprinting and drug-testing as part of the check – if I pass the tests, I will continue to have the job. The pay is excellent, it’s only 5 hours a day, afternoons/evenings, and it seems like it will be extremely pleasant work…tutoring by phone and computer. The only downside is that it’s far from home, but a straight route, so maybe I can find a way to do it by bus, though it might be a harrowing ride at 9:00 pm. Oh well, I’ll work that out later.

Yesterday, after I got the job, I went to see about a little table for the apt., and what did I find? A chair! But not just any chair. A VERY VERY COMFORTABLE reclining chair. The old fashioned leather kind that have all these little dots of metal around the edges. My grandmother had furniture like that. I simply couldn’t resist it for 19.95. So I bought it, lugged it home and here it sits, waiting to be read in. I have the books, but we need the lamp. The living room here has no light fixtures!

Meanwhile, it rained all day yesterday, and it started up again this morning. Tough luck. We’re going out anyway. Got errands to do and library to visit.

More later. Here are some pictures of the chair, the apt., and the rainy day.




3 comments:

Fned said...

Yay mom!! Congratulations !!!!! So happy to hear you go the job !! Will be waiting to hear how it goes !!

Love ya,
Moi

minshap said...

Danke schön, Liebchen... will keep you posted.

Anonymous said...

Waiting to hear more! Love your blog(s)! Thinking all day about "CAR"...saw lots of green, too! Hope your first week on the job has been a good one! And Sam is doing well, too! Love ya'll... MM