Thursday, February 19, 2009

Because the day is gone and what do I have to show for it?

It's late. Once again. Every time I click in and decide to write something, I see that it's really too late. Mañana, I tell myself. But the mañanas come and go and my posting mood is blahhed, my thoughts are blocked... nothing is blogged!

So here I am. Let's do this, I say. Now!

Because at least I can tell you this: My tomato plants have sprouted no less than 47 tomatoes! Wanna see a picture of the only red one so far?



Wanna get a closer look?



Okay, that's enough... now I can sleep. I did have something to show after all!

4 comments:

IdaRose said...

Yes..you did have something to show, and it's a BEAUTY!

Congratulations!

Brought back memories..think I'll have to get Poppy to plant tomatoes once again, & hope they grow as lovely as yours!

Love,

~M/M~

Fned said...

Congrats on the tomatoes!!

I'm more interested in the green ones though... I'd give my right arm for some Salsa Verde made from grilled green mexican tomatoes!!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!
Fned.

minshap said...

Well mom and daughter respectively, we'd better not count our tomatoes before they ripen, right?? ONe semi-red one out of 47 does not spell tomato sauce yet!
As for green sauce - don't give your arm up, girl, get some Herdez. I think they have that even where you are! If not, then may I suggest growing them upside down on your balcony? The idea looks incredibly interesting - just google "upside down tomatoes". As for my toms - they're supposed to be the red variety!

Anonymous said...

I lOVE home-grown tomatoes!!! Yum, I can taste them from here!
none other than...S :)