Monday, September 5, 2011

Commemoration

I've been scanning old pictures lately.  It started when I explained to Carm that, contrary to her insistence upon having to spend a fortune on scanning at an internet café, she could do it right here at home using our printer.  As I showed her how to use the scanning feature, I decided to go through our billions of old photos and scan the best of them.  I knew it would be a time-consuming job, so I put it on my mental to-do list for the future.

Two weeks later, when I was writing the blog about Friendships, I scanned the first batch.  I was looking for a photo from a trip we made in the early 90's, and I knew I didn't have a digital one of that trip.   Out came the huge bag of old photos - it's actually an old GAP portfolio-bag given to me by Fned a long time ago, which has 6 roomy compartments, 5 of them stuffed to the gills with photos, and the 6th containing all the negatives I still possess.  I can tell you it weighs a ton!  Anyway, I searched the bag through, and Carm came into the room as I was doing this, and got interested in the photos too.  I told her I was going to scan them a few at a time. 

After André mentioned in a comment about the friendship blog that old pictures are so interesting and should be scanned and preserved, I knew the day was coming.  I happen to have a week off in September and thought I would concentrate on that then.  In the end, however, I got a jump-start on the task yesterday, when I decided to do a photographic walk down memory lane to send in e-mail form to my parents on their 61st anniversary this weekend.  It turned out to be quite a process, but one which I found for the most part tremendously enjoyable.
And so, I've decided to post some other pictures from the past - a commemoration of sorts.  Fun times we shared, or just great moments that got snapped just in time!

Enjoy the scroll, and as you go, take a guess:  do you know who the babies are??? (hint: they don't go in any specific order)















 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG...I love all those pictures!! But, I think I'll need help with who is who (or whom?) in some of them!! What fun!!! More, we want more!!! Poppy is as stumped as I am!!! :).

Back to the pictures..gotta see them again & again!!!

Thanks for posting!!! Love Ya..~MM~

minshap said...

ha,ha! You really don't recognize them? Actually only one of them was a stumper for me... the yawning baby. But I figured it out.