Monday, January 7, 2008

Back to Real Time

Vacation is over and it's back to real time... as usual I'm doing something else (as in blogging) when I should be getting ready to go, so I'll get back to this later.


So now it's much later and the problem with blogging is that you get a thought that you want to blog at times when it's impossible to stop and blog. So I cheated. I wrote it all down in my off moments at work and now I just have to type it in here! (note: this is not such a bad idea - for one thing it forces me to actually write something out longhand, which I rarely do, so maybe I can improve my horrendous handwriting! Also, now, when I'm typing, I don't have to think so much, so my fingers can fly over the keys, unless I can't read my own handwriting, which will probably be the case!)


So here's the thought: I was contemplating giving up the whole blog thing - thinking that while it's fun and enlightening to read the blogs of others, it's hard work and time-consuming to try to keep up one's own blog. And then something happened that just changed my perspective! One of the teachers who just came back from the States, put a book in my hand and said, "I got this for you because when I picked it up and saw the title, I thought this sounds just like you!" The book is called 'Saving the World', and is by julia alvarez ... has anyone read it or read other things by her?


Now I haven't gotten very far in the book yet, so I don't know if anybody actually does manage to save the world in it and I don't think I'm saving the world very well from where I'm at either, but it made me feel good that someone sees me as being that kind of person! So I guess I'll keep blogging along. Don't expect too much though.



But here's the final thing - the quirk! After all the thinking about what you want to write about and even jotting it down on paper... when it finally comes time to put it all in your blog, you don't feel the same way... other things have happened and your perspective gets changed because of it! Talk about both sides of the coin!

4 comments:

Amath said...

i really think thats its fun to hear the stories, but i can realice were and wen thith you got theme, is really fun to coment but i dint think is easy to be a blogger

MiMi said...

I agree. I don't think it's easy to be a blogger either! But, I must admit, I sure enjoy reading all the stories, and opinions.

Keep up the good work..

minshap said...

Thanks for the support samito and mimi and for the understanding. "It's not easy to be a blogger"... sounds like a good title for a song... It ain't easy to be a blogger, blogging all night long... can anyone add a line?

Fned said...

Hey mom, you CANOT make me believe that you don't have interesting topics to blog about! If there is anyone that can make even the dullest of stories a funny one, that somebody is minshap.

So glad you came to the conclusion to keep on blogging. I'll be reading ya soon....

Fned.