Sunday, January 27, 2008

both sides clashing

I'm tired of being the middle(♀)man. It seems like I am perpetually being put in that position and it's really starting to bother me. How did it happen? Or was it something I let happen? Could it have anything to do with the fact that I am the middle child in my original family? Am I now destined to be in the middle when there are clashes between the members of the family my partner and I created? Does it have to do with being a Sagittarius? Was it being born in the year of the snake? Or is it simply the fact that, because I always see both sides of an issue, I end up mediating between those who can only see opposing sides? Hmmmm, that must be the reason....

But what does the reason matter? The question is, why do people clash in the first place? And when they do clash, why do they prefer to deal with each other indirectly - or simply not deal with each other?


NOT DEAL WITH EACH OTHER?? WHEN THEY LIVE IN THE SAME HOUSE?? WHEN SOONER OR LATER THEY WILL NEED EACH OTHER??

Okay, you may say, they're siblings; cut them some slack! That's fine, I reply, but to these clashing sibs, I add: GET REAL! No matter what the other guy did, you're no angel yourself! So that's my final official verdict as middlewoman.

OH, that reminds me of the final scene in one of my favorite movies. The man and the woman who were thrown together in a dangerous but lively adventure - but who have never been able to get along with each other (though they did acknowledge for a brief moment their mutual attraction) - have finally defeated the villians who were trying to kill them. So there they are, free at last from those bad guys; free to go their separate ways... and yet, there they stand together on the top of a hill looking at each other and saying, "so....?" Then the man, smiling and looking deep into the woman's eyes, says: "I don't know fulana, you're no picnic." And the woman, smiling up at him and putting her arms around his neck, says, "Well, you're no day at the beach either." KISS and FADE OUT! THE END!

Anyone know the movie I'm talking about?


4 comments:

Fned said...

Aren't you proud of being a Switzeland?

Fned.

minshap said...

Didn't get what a Switzeland is... tried to Google it but came up with zilch.
For S&D who can't come up with the name of the movie - I'll give you 2 hints: it was made in 1991 and the woman in this movie played the sister of Barbra Streisand in a movie with Jeff Bridges. Will that help?

Fned said...

Switzerland.... as in a neutral country?????

minshap said...

oops... RIGHT! I got it as I was going to bed! I figured it was Switzerland, but didn't see the connection for some reason... maybe because Switzerland's role as a mediator is well-respected! Mine, on the other hand, is considered a cop-out... like I should be taking one side or the other and am just avoiding the issue by not passing judgment... But I guess you've brought up a good point - the family in itself is a mini-world!