Sunday, April 20, 2008

HEAT WAVE

So today we were commenting at work how hot it was last night. I mean it was sweltering! And the weather never gets so hot at night at this altitude... but of course, global warming has taken care of predictable weather patterns.

Out of the blue, one of the teachers said that of course she and her husband had slept with the fan on all night and I looked at her in surprise.
"You have a fan?" I hadn't seen that one coming.
"Don't you?" I guess she had assumed that everyone had one.
There was a moment of silence as each of us digested the unexpected realization that people actually use/don't use (respectively) a fan here in Puebla!

So now I'm wondering if we will in fact have to invest in some fans in this house after eight years of never needing one. Because, as a matter of fact, tonight I can already feel the sweat running down the back of my neck...

OH blessed breeze that just blew through my window!

1 comment:

Fned said...

Really? It's been 8 years since we moved to The Hoyo??? Man, time goes so fast!!!

Fned.