Saturday, August 2, 2008

Something has come up!!!

Yes, that's right: I'VE GOT PLANTS!! TENGO PLANTITAS!! ICH HABE PFANZE! J'AI LES PLANTES!!


No matter what language you say it in, my garden has born fruit!! (or vegetables, in this case). Let me tell you about it! In our last episode (that's how the Mighty Mouse cartoon always started out): Last week, I went out to my garden and looked around for anything that might have sprung up! Here you can see me on my hands and knees, pulling out weeds...

Meanwhile, Nemo sat by watching me work,

But all I found was this little thing:

Now it's a week later and...

TODAY I WALKED OUTSIDE AND FOUND THIS:

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?? LITTLE PLANTS ALL IN A ROW!!! JUST THE WAY IT SHOULD BE! I knew it was SUPPOSED to happen but I think I had lost hope that it actually WOULD!! However, don't be misled... those are not tomato plants. I thought it was the row of chili seeds that had sprouted (remember I planted four rows of different seeds). But to be sure, I pinched off a tiny leaf and smelled it and, yep, you guessed it: it's cilantro. None of the other three rows have sprouted anything...


ALTHOUGH

I also found this:

but I don't know what it is. Could it be a tomato plant?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hate it say this, but your mystery plant looks like your average weed to me!
However...congrats on your cilantro that's sprouted, and who knows what else could come up. Exciting!!

minshap said...

SD: I know... I thought it was a weed myself. Just wanted to make sure before I pulled it! However, I am still hopeful. I cut a tomato and spread the seeds over the place where the others are planted. This, on the advice of 2 successful tomato growers from these parts. Supposedly, the seeds from the tomato fertilize those planted. I'm going to finish the job tomorrow. Wish me luck.