Saturday, October 4, 2008

Shivering with anticipation!

I am shivering! Literally! I'm sitting here drinking a concoction I made up of rum and mango juice! Just trying to calm myself down! HOW THINGS DO HAPPEN!!!

FIRST: My working schedule will soon be cut down!
I've been wanting to cut down on my working hours. I realize that with the world coming to an end in Financial crises that will sooner or later reach us too, this is probably not a wise move, but I just had to set things in motion. On Friday I learned that as of our next bimester - starting in 10 days - my hours will be drastically reduced, as I had requested. I was filled with a mixture of excitement and dread! Can we really afford to live on less?

SECOND: Someone might buy my car!!!

I have to sell my car. I love my car. It's a Crossfox and it's the funnest thing I've ever driven in my life. I drive a lot anyway, but with this car, I LOVE going places. But it's not really my car, you see. The company lets me rent it for a year, but now the year is up, and I either have to sell it, or turn it in. They made us a sweet deal if we sell our cars this time, so I put some ads in different online car-sales pages, and tonight, I GOT A CALL!!! I'm so excited - and filled with dread too! I'm not good at selling things! I hate having to "talk up" the thing I want to sell... but the guy who called was really nice, and when he laughed at my evident inexperience at selling over the phone, I responded by saying that the truth is, I don't really want to sell the car. I love it too much! (Maybe that could actually be a good strategy!)

THIRD: A publishing company may be interested in publishing my book!!
I have been trying to get my book published. I signed on with some online agents, who've been super nice and kept in touch, but nothing came up - UNTIL TONIGHT! A few minutes before the prospective buyer of the Crossfox called, an e-mail came in saying that a publishing company may be interested in my book!!! Now that was totally unexpected (did I mention that it's been 10 months since I signed on with the agency?) In fact, I was still going over the whole format that I would have to fill out if I want to try to publish thru this company when Samo called me to the phone to deal with the potential car-buyer!!!

FOURTH: I am going to fly to Texas in five days!!
I need to start getting my act together! We're going to celebrate my mother's 80th birthday and my sibs and I are all excited about doing this. But it seems like the date is getting closer and closer and I need to think clearly and get stuff ready for my trip! (here I pause to take another gulp of my mango-and-rum!)

FIFTH: We have lots of tomato plants!!! Not to mention peas, lettuce, cilantro, basil, and epazote...

A couple of months ago, I was determined to get my tomato garden growing, but it turned out that I mistook the tiny plants coming up for weeds, and PULLED THEM OUT!!!
I know that now, because, when I never got any tomato plants, I decided to try again in planter boxes, and now THEY'VE ALL COME UP!!! In fact - I've got way too many for those planter boxes and will need to do some serious transplanting when I get back from my trip.

SIXTH: Bella's on the mend!

A few days ago, I noticed that poor Bella - our 6-yr-old Labrador - seemed to be in agony. She has very sensitive skin and has had all sorts of problems over the years, but always before - Anto was here to tend her. But now he's off on his venture and I've got to do it, but I always seem to be pulled 7 different ways, so, though I knew I would soon have to deal with Bella's dilemma, I was letting it slide. This morning however, as I was cruising along on my way to get fruits and veggies, I spotted a roving Veterinarian. I jumped out of the car and waved him down. I asked if he made rounds to people's houses, and he said yes. He agreed to make a stop at our place that afternoon. Turned out she needed THREE SHOTS, and one more tomorrow, plus a good bath with a certain shampoo, plus another back-up pill she'll be taking for awhile... I feel good that she'll be better soon - but I hope Car and Samo will remember to give her her meds and take good care of both her and Nemo while I'm gone.

SEVENTH: I have to turn in two big translations this week!
I'm sposed to be working on that stuff NOW!!! What am I doing here blogging away???? SHIVERING!!! (but not so much, now that I've finished my mango-rum cocktail which was absolutely DELIISHHHHHUS, btw).

2 comments:

MiMi said...

HI...I'm shivering too, in anticipation of your arrival, along w/M & S!! I don't have that delisssh drink to help, tho! I'll wait for you to make one for us all!! I know you will get everything done..and we wish you a pleasant trip. Can't wait to see ya'll..Love to all..

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're on a great streak of luck!! It's more than luck, of course, I'm so happy that things are going your way!! Can hardly wait to see you and catch up on the latest.Keep that high going!!