Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's Q and A Time - i.o.w. A Quiz!

Well, I read Fned's blog and she was tagging anyone who arrived there, so I said I would play the Q&A game; why not? Here are the Questions and my Answers:

  1. What did you want to be when you were little?
    A writer, a singer, and an actress - all together. I used to invent all these stories and then act them out (playing all the parts myself). Most of the plots included the scene where the wild, or poor, or uneducated - but always beautiful - young girl is discovered by a rich handsome guy who somehow gets lost in some rural paradise, where he hears her singing while she's picking berries or whatever, whereupon he convinces her to go to the big city, where she's able to become a star, but she always ends up scorning wealth and glamour and returning to her rustic life, whereupon the guy who has naturally fallen in love with her by then, goes and finds her and they end up together... There were also plots that had to do with an incredibly elaborate story of espionage and got played out with NoneOther when we were left to our own devices. When I was very young, I wrote out the story of the lives of my paper dolls including Pickles (their dog) in my Big Chief tablet (and I still have it!).
  2. What one place makes you the happiest being there?
    Wow! Only one place? Hmmm... okay, I'd have to say up on the roof. I rarely go up any more, but whenever I've gone up on the roof of any of the places I've lived, I've always felt especially happy. Just being above all the mundane, daily comings and goings of everyone, and looking out over everything from a higher place... it's a great feeling.
  3. Do you wish your first kiss could have been with somebody else?
    Absolutely not! The only first kiss that I really remember as being such was the first kiss with Car - and that was a kiss like no other. I once wrote a song about it.
  4. What's one thing you wish you could tell your 16-yr-old self?
    Don't think twice! Take your parents up on their offer to send you to a Kibbutz for the summer!
  5. What movie do you never get tired of watching?
    There are lots... and all for different - but equally compelling - reasons. At this moment, Jerry Maguire comes to mind, for the overall good message and feeling you get from it.
  6. What movie do you wish you had never seen?
    "Whatever happened to Baby Jane?". That movie gave me nightmares for years, and even today I can't stand to remember any part of it.
  7. How much time do you admit to spending on Facebook in a week's time and how much time do you really spend there?
    Two to four hours. And that's for real. How do I know? Because whenever I go in there, I end up spending a couple of hours, and then I inevitably check back a few days later but very quickly... that's it for the week. And there are weeks where I don't go in at all because I'm still frustrated about the last time I sat there for 2 to 4 hours.
  8. Who do you miss at this exact moment?
    My Dad - it's almost Father's Day and I wish I could be there and wish him a happy day in person. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD. I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!
  9. Where are you going tomorrow and why?
    Nowhere special, but maybe for a long walk or a bike ride. Probably up on the roof at some point now that I think about it!! Those are some ideas of what I want to do.
  10. If you had a gift certificate for plastic surgery and you had to use it (witness protection program or something) what would you get done?
    My nose. Not for beauty's sake, but rather to open up my nasal passages.

Okay - I did it. Now that means that you too have to do it if you were here! Are you up for it? Ready? GO!

2 comments:

Fned said...

Great Q&A mom!! When do we get to read your childhood stories???

minshap said...

I know this reply comes late, but today I was looking at all the birth certificates, curious about the time of day you were each born at, and on yours, where it says who the mother is and what her line of work is, it says Escritora.... interesting.