Sunday, June 13, 2010

Retrieval, Recovery, Redemption!

Well, it looks like - even to me - this sudden return to blogging is a direct result of my having read Fned's blog earlier. But actually it's not.

I checked into my blog today because I was determined to finally return to blogging -which I've been thinking about doing for a while now. The problem was - I had been finding myself in Facebook more and more and it took up too much time for me to THEN write a blog. But over the months, the whole FB thing has started to irk me!! I mean it's a great way to connect up with friends and relatives, but all you can do is see their (or write your own) short little snippets about what's going on... it seems hollow somehow. Then again, is NO writing at all less hollow?

Hollowness aside, what I'm trying to state here is that communication in general is what it's all about. But blogging - blogging is a responsibility. It's not something to be taken lightly. Later, you go back and read over what you've written and it's like the day of reckoning! If you're satisfied, you feel you've accomplished something and you're redeemed! But heaven help you if you realize it's not what you really wanted to say! Because then you feel ridiculous, or frustrated, and you know that you've wasted your precious time. Yes, blogging is heavy.

But that's the challenge of it! That's what makes it worthwhile! And what are the alternatives to blogging? Twittering? Facebooking? These alternatives have their charms and even their reasons for being, but they don't provide an outlet for stretching our minds. And that's what is so truly wonderful about blogging - it's mental exercise. We should all get more of that! I know I need it. I haven't been exercising the creative writing part of my mind enough for the last I-don't-know-how-long. So now it's time to try again.

That's what I wanted to say today. It's time to go back to finding and reading interesting blogs again, and to take on the responsibility of forming and writing down my own new thoughts and ideas and putting them out there for others to see and respond to - or not.

2 comments:

IdaRose said...

Oh Wow...really like the new format..& best of all love that you're back to blogging!!! YAY

IdaRose said...

Oh Wow...really like the new format..& best of all love that you're back to blogging!!! YAY