Sunday, May 17, 2009

What exactly am I trying to say?

I really don't know! But it was such a gorgeous day! It was the kind of day that just pulls you outside again and again to fill your lungs with fresh fresh air and bathe your skin in warm but not scorching sunlight, and drink in the smell of freshly washed earth. It was a lovely lovely day.

And now it's night, and I'm listening to the wind rushing through the branches of trees outside my window. It's a quiet peaceful night - the dogs haven't started up yet; hope that means the midnight interlopers (an obnoxious canine threesome whose master lets them out at night when everyone is asleep to wreak havoc at other people's houses) will not show up tonight and goad the neighbor's dogs and ours into frantic barking, snarling and lunging at the fences.

Actually I'm just happy that I finished a very tedious and mind-boggling translation and now I'm basking in the afterglow and still have a bit of time left to do as I wish before I go to bed and have to get up to greet that inevitable Monday morning!
So, what can I show you? Well, how about this picture?


It was taken on Mother's Day... I took it to show off her haircut... she came over and delighted us with her haircut so how could I resist taking a picture of it! I'm so glad she didn't actually get her head shaved, which, according to her, was her original idea. She said the haircutter was reluctant to do it and said, "Let's start with this and you see how you like it." Nice, huh?

Or how about this one?


This was an experiment for a school project that Samo and his friend had to do... they had to devise and advertise a nutritious product - so I threw together flour, oatmeal, pecans, almonds, brown sugar, chocolate chips and peanut butter... and voilá.... kinda like brownies in texture... they were utterly delicious!!!!

And finally, there's this one! No words necessary, except to say - I love it!


I wish I could take a picture of myself as original as that!

Okay, on that note, I'll say goodnight! Have a great Monday everyone!

4 comments:

IdaRose said...

HI..your blog is great..hair cut is neat, cookies look delicious,(send recipe) and the last picture is super nice!!! Now I can head for bed w/those happy pictures to remember & dream about!

Jonna said...

Nice pictures, especially the last one.

Glad to see you are enjoying the feel of the world around you.

CancunCanuck said...

Love the short hair cut, why is it that hairdressers down here are so reluctant to give a woman a short cut? I have always had a shag or pixie cut but getting it done here is not easy. I finally decided that the only way to express just how short I wanted it was to say "Como un cerdo, casi pelona!". I still get hairdressers wanting to leave little wispy bits, their contribution to "helping" me look more "feminine". That is something I have never worried about, lol. Glad she got it done (I'm with her, I would shave mine if I could!)

Love seeing the photos, thanks! Hope the dogs are quiet again tonight. :)

minshap said...

IR: oh, glad you liked the blog! As for the recipe, I didn't write it down, but I will try to remember exact quantities of things to send you a working recipe.
Jonna: oh, I like that line - 'the feel of the world'... and it's true too, I do like it!
CC: Right! I remember how you once said something to the effect that you absolutely HATE having hair that gets in the way of anything... in other words, that you like it super short. Well, I think super short is cool (no pun intended) but a shaved head just seems too drastic... I'm glad you are staying "casi pelona"!