Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Exhilaration - Bring it on!

I have a student who always refers to situations as "complicated." It's a great word to use when you don't want to go into detail, or when you don't have the words to describe the situation in detail or when you simply haven't examined your thoughts enough to be able to describe the situation in detail. Whatever the reason, it's true that Life is 'complicated.' And yet, as the years go by, what I realize more and more is that Life should be exhilarating as often as possible! Here are some situations I associate with the feeling of Exhilaration:

  • a nurtured childhood,
  • true love,
  • wonderful travels,
  • exquisite cuisine,
  • a glass of sparkling, thirst-quenching water,
  • deep spiritual insights,
  • perfectly-put-together music,
  • having a baby,
  • earth-washing rainshowers,
  • bodysurfing,
  • witnessing a breathtaking sunrise / sunset,
  • gazing at the full moon


Could you help me out by adding more? I don't want to leave any out!

2 comments:

Fned said...

I couldn't agree more with you.....

.... only right now life is, well, complicated.

Fned.

minshap said...

Ha! Tell me about it! Which is exactly the reason I need to remember that exhilaration DOES exist... somehow, having it down in black and white evens out the complications in life!