Sunday, February 24, 2008

Fragments of Life - or - Total Eclipse of the Moon







There are moments when I feel like a whole person - integrated, together, completely one with myself. But since Life takes you where it will no matter how much you think you're in control, sooner or later, fragmentation sets in.




Now being fragmented is not all bad. Sometimes I'm a prism - cut into sharp angles that dazzle the eye - a prism that brings everything into a circle of light and color.

(all photos courtesy of Abimelec G.)





Then there are the times when the fragments of my being are more like a Picasso painting - totally disjointed, discordant, with miscellaneous parts joined at miscellaneous places to form a strange, yet uniquely lovely, workable whole.



Being fragmented can also be simply a case of bad architecture - a labyrinth that gets you lost, a staircase going nowhere.



On the day of the eclipse, I was feeling more fragmented than usual, but when the moon went into hiding that night, I realized that I was simply going through a human eclipse, and when I came out of it...,





I'd be brighter and more beautiful than ever! Not to mention whole!

2 comments:

MiMi said...

I'm in awe! Beautiful pictures, and wonderful words.

minshap said...

well, the pics are courtesy of an ex-student - Abi G., and the event itself was truly incredible!