Sunday, February 10, 2008

Moving on...

So yesterday I was lolling in the hammock on our patio, when I called Car to come out and kinda make the peace. I told him he oughta read my blog, but he said my writing is too "complicated" for him to get through (there's that word again!)... so I basically gave him an abbreviated version in Spanish and he gave me one of his winning smiles and a big, fat, splendor-in-the-sun, swinging-to-and-fro-under-the-tree-shade kiss and we were back to normal. One thing he did say was that I shouldn't put my life online (WOW! Does that have a double meaning or what???)...

So I thought, yeah, maybe not... at least not often, and not too much at a time... so I was fixing up my blogsite, putting up the picture that I took of the Popo in full bloom, and putting up those old black-n-whites that I had deleted by accident, and then I got all involved in the website where I get the details about the movies I love, and I started looking for all sorts of info - especially about Barbara Stanwyck, an actress from the 30's on, who I absolutely adore. This morning, I sat down with my cafe-con-leche to start working on a translation, but I couldn't resist just making a quick check to see what would happen if I plugged Barbara Stanwyck into the blog search... UNBELIEVABLE! I AM NOT ALONE! She is well loved and brilliantly discussed by many!

So, if I can't be discussing my private life online - CAR is right, it's definitely too controversial! - might as well get into other things that I'm also passionate about. Movies, books, questions about life, semantics and linguistics.... the list goes on and on...

As for Barbara, I'm gonna watch one of her movies later if I ever finish this translation!

No comments: