Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day 28: The basketball story

getting the scoop!


Technically speaking, this photo should probably not count, since I didn't take it myself - in fact, if you zoom in, you can see me in the picture! Yep, there I am, getting the scoop for an article I'm trying to finish for the school magazine. But it was such a good night! Taking all those action photos... Samo continued where I had left off... Of course, I didn't get anywhere near as good in either my article or the pictures as Mexpat did in her recounting of the Mundialito in Playa del Carmen... but maybe someday I'll get the chance to do something as totally absorbing as that must have been!
The article's about a women's basketball league and how a lot of the women in the league are married to men in the men's league! And even more amazing is how many couples actually met and fell in love through playing basketball!
On the womens' teams you can find mothers and daughters playing on the same team! There are even a couple of grandmothers and daughters!!! And these girls play hard and shoot really well! Too bad I can't upload all the shots... but that would be upstarting the article!
Oh, just one other thing: the article was the reason I let myself buy the camera... so I've got the pictures and the interviews and the info on the gym and how to go about forming a league... now if only I can just put it all together and send it in!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out! Will you be posting your article here once it's been published in the school paper? Sounds like an interesting bunch of women!

minshap said...

will do, but the magazine won't come out until September...