Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Day 21: Playing with the camera

posing under the skylight
I've got to stop all this nonsense of nonstop photo-taking. It started out because of this 30-day photolog, which I've totally messed up by now, as I have the days all out of sequence and I always seem to be trying to catch up...
Meanwhile, since we've had some visitors, who brought their cameras, and since we have some new cellphones in the family, each with its own nifty little camera option, and since I just bought the Sony digital to take "professional-quality" pics for the magazine, we seem to be spending an inordinate amount of time snapping, discussing, reviewing, posing for, looking at, and looking for "that perfect picture"! I tell you, it's exhausting, it's stressful, it's time-consuming... yes, it's totally out of control!
But it's fun too! I just read an e-mail saying that life is short, so we should go ahead and take all the pictures we want; better too many than too few... and it least with digital cameras, we don't have all the paper and chemicals since we never seem to end up printing any of the pictures, although maybe one day, we'll choose a select few and actually print them out.
If I ever do sort out all these pictures I (and others around me) have been taking over the last month and decide to print some, I doubt if the one above will be included, even though I like how these guys look standing under the skylight. But this picture was taken on my cellphone, so some might insist it's "technically inferior", and anway, why would I print out a picture of people checking out the picture we just took of them on another camera!
Whew!

No comments: