Friday, June 13, 2008

Day 5: Complex Simplicity or Simple Complexity?

Simple Squere (sic) by CLo


You know how you feel when there's been too much input and you're still trying to put it all into perspective? Or how about when things are going wonderfully well but you just can't explain why or share your feelings about it with anyone?

Or when there's an idea right there in front of you, and you can see that there's a definite pattern but you can't seem to shape it into anything...


You know how it is when life is chaotic but in a good way... when you seem to be living inside a kaleidascope...

Or how about when you've figured things out perfectly, and you have no doubts about anything even though, when someone asks you to tell them about it, you're suddenlyat a loss for words...

Well, the picture I'm putting up today is kind of the synthesis of all these ideas and others too which I'm sure you can relate it to... CLo created it when she was first experimenting with powerpoint on the computer. I've had it hidden away since two computers ago, always including it in the stuff I put into the next model - even though its really heavy bytewise. I don't often clic it open, but I know it's there, so sometimes, I decide to have a peek. As soon as I see it, I feel like everything is right there in front of me, perfectly explained but in some other language that I have no idea how to speak. So I just stare at it and absorb as much as I can of what it conveys to me with absolute certainty - namely that, regardless of other things that may carry weight in our lives, its things like color and form that drive us on!

Have a look!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool pic. Dick will love it!

Anonymous said...

Mom I can't believe you still have that!
I loved this blog, it describes the way I feel right now for the whole "I'm going to leave for a year in a month" thing

I love you
thanks :)

CLo

Fned said...

That is one cool design CLo!!

Fned.

minshap said...

Yes, CLo, I save everything, so don't be surprised if one day you see a photo of one of your darling notes to me written in crayon with a 5-year-old's perception of spelling on this blog... (that goes for you too fned!)... Naahh, don't worry, I'll only do that if I'm absolutely desperate for a topic!