Saturday, June 28, 2008

Day 19: Umbrella Girl

Adios, Jefa


A couple of years ago, I dedicated some weeks to searching the internet for a certain 'umbrella girl' I'd seen as Fned's icon during our chat sessions... She was soooo darling, with long wet straggling blond hair, huge dark blue-black eyes and the most woebegone expression on her face under her dripping umbrella. She touched my heart and I wanted to be able to use that picture as an icon in a forum I'm in, or just have for future reference. Come to think of it, I probably would have used it here on my blog had I found it, but alas, it was simply not to be! By plugging "umbrella girl" into the Google search, I found all sorts of girls and umbrellas, and by plugging in 'sad-eyed umbrella girl', the results were narrowed down to a few, but the one I wanted never appeared...


Yesterday, as I was leaving the farewell party for my boss who is going on to bigger and better things, she got her umbrella and walked me to my car in the rain. We hugged, and, as I was clicking the remote key to open the cardoor, she turned to look back at her house, which is nestled in one of the true woodsy places left near Puebla, and sighed, "I love this view of my house." I whipped out my phone and said, "I'm going to take a picture of you in it. Just start walking back and turn around when I call 'Now!'" "But your phone will get wet," she noted. "No prob.," said I, "Just start walking and I'll do it quick."


Once again, I took the picture almost blindly, and once again, the result is more than I'd hoped for! I don't think I got her house in the picture (it's in back of her to the right; you can see the gate if you click to enlarge the pic), but in a way, you could say, I've finally got my umbrella girl!

No comments: