Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day 10 - Leaving on a Jet Plane

Aftermath of a hailstorm!


This morning Anto went to LA to work for a time. I took him to the bus station in the madrugada... as in 'the wee hours of the morning'. More accurately speaking, he drove, while I rode shotgun, drinking my coffee and grilling him about the do's and don'ts, the should's and shouldn'ts, the "rules of traveling" (and just whose rules are those? why, mine of course!), interspersing the sermon with sudden bouts of: "did you remember to do this?", "did you remember to take that?"... you know...


M.D. was in the back seat, very quiet, except to exclaim every so often on the full moon - huge and yellow/orange against the bottomless black backdrop of the sky. Poor Anto couldn't take his eyes off the road to see it, but I did and it was so impressive, that I wanted to get a picture of it. But first things first, I thought, and he really needed to get to the bus station to catch that bus to D.F. in order to catch his plane to L.A.


Got a TM from him midmorning, saying he was boarding the plane, and this evening we got a call from M.D., who said she was chatting w/him if anyone wanted to connect up and join in. Computers being turned off at the time, as we had just been visited by a huge hailstorm, (which is portrayed in today's photo, taken from our carport after I'd driven home from work through the worst of it), I figured it was only fair to dedicate this blog-entry to him.


Good luck in LA, Tony Macaroni!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting for A!! Keep me posted on his happenings in L.A.!
(We had a big hailstorm about a month ago that left our deck covered in ice!)
Have a great summer, A!!

Fned said...

Wow! I had no idea Anto was leaving so soon!!! I hope he has a good time there and does whatever he's hoping on doing this summer. Hey, did you tell him to start a blog about his life in LA?? That would be fun to read! ;)

Fned.

Anonymous said...

This is a good place to practice my bad english.
I hope you can help me Min.

I miss Anto, so much. But i'm working hard for university and waiting patiently for his return.

See you on friday for Jose Gonzalez concert. Good Afternoon.

Pd. By the way, here is my favourite song from Jose Gonzalez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3T_rZ_EnqU&feature=related

I hope you enjoy it

minshap said...

S: so you know about hail! As for A, guess he'll have to keep us all informed...
fned: good idea. Hear that Anto? Start your own blog! Actually, better just concentrate on working first!
Narizita: Wow! your English is great! I did see the video and it looks like it will be a very rhythmic and moving evening! Can't wait!