Friday, June 20, 2008

DAY 11 - It's Buddy Day!

Picnic on a summer day with some of my best buddies!

Whew! You know, it's really hard to keep up with this photo-every-day pace! I'm cheating a bit today because: 1) the photo above wasn't taken today, or even this year, and 2) I didn't take the photo. But cut me some slack because I'm trying to make a point here about Buddy Day.

This morning, you see, I received an e-mail from one of my oldest buddies, telling me it's Online Buddy Day! I haven't investigated to find out if this is true - I mean is it a new tradition to be honored by cyberfriends or something? - but I like the concept of it, so I decided to honor the idea with a mention on this blog. Of course, I wanted to post a picture I took of myself and J-Buddy the last time we got to see each other, but naturally, as I was so pressed for time, I couldn't find the picture!!! What folder did I save it in??? Why didn't I give it a name so that I wouldn't have to go clicking on all those code-numbered photos? (and who can remember what the numbers stand for anyway)??

As I was clicking around, I found the photo above, and it hit me that what it's portraying is precisely a buddy moment!!! I also like the anonymity of the photo, as it could be anyone sitting around that lovely round table outside on a sunny day, enjoying a delicious barbeque meal (hamburgers and grill-baked potatoes as I recall complete with ICBINB). Those who were there know who they are, and anyone who is not probably could have been on another occasion...

Don't you just love delicious buddy-moments like the one pictured above? Remember all those great meals - those great buddy moments we've shared and you've shared with other buddies? Yummy! It makes me hungry to share one with everyone right now!

Happy Buddy Day, you guys!

No comments: