Monday, June 30, 2008

Day 20: Sunday driver

an orange-blossomed tree!
Another periférico shot! This one I missed and had to go to the next exit, turn around and come back. You might think that's no big deal, but I can tell you I was a bit worried about doing it as I was driving a distinctive car with expired verification stickers and there was an "operativo" of police (judiciales?) at the entrance to the periférico, stopping cars randomly... (this "operativo" has been going on all over the city at different sites for months now; they are looking for drugs and weapons transports but if they stop you, I'm sure they take advantage of the opportunity to get you for something or other! I hate having to pass that roadblock every day, and it's only one of about 4 that I pass on my normal routes!).
Luckily, they didn't stop me when I came around the second time, and I waited till I was around the bend from them to stop the car and take the picture. I'm wondering what those orange buds are on that tree???

1 comment:

Fned said...

Wow! The picture is incredible (it's true your new camera totally changes from those pics taken with your cell phone)... still... can't you get your verification done while you're at the plant?

You do know you're going to get stopped eventually right? That's just the way the Amat's karma goes...

Fned.